Second day. 9:30 am start. Cold and *cue wailing* alll by my seeeelf.
Maria wasn’t well today bless her, so I was on me tod. I can’t lie I was a little apprehensive as I had only been in the routine one day and wasn’t really prepared but hey it was the attitude of ‘grab the bull by the horns’ and as it turns out, it was great. I missed one tube being as it was literally sardine can full - crazy times it still surprises me how nuts it is in the mornings! Once I’d squeezed onto a tube and got to heat towers I had to sort out the mail, and pass out the weekly/daily papers and mags to the News Desk and Jeremy Mark -Editor. Maria had texted me that morning with the task of sending out the new copies of the magazine which meant I was sealing and addressing about 129 envelopes this morning - pretty certain one went to Courtney Love? Simply bizarre for me!
I found it a real thrill to be in the office today, amongst the to-ing and fro-ing of the editors in meetings and organising features. I also witnessed how the team deal with celebs, tv people (producers/writers) or whoever when there is a problem and/or complaint with an article, this opened my eyes to the other side of media which is culpability for your words and how you then defend or rectify the situation.
I got a great perspective of how fast paced the magazine turn-around really is. Everyone I’ve met there has been so nice and open be that any of the feature’s girls I chatted to today; Deb, Jen or Kay, Jeremy offered to let me sit in on some meetings again this afternoon but things were busy and I had to run an errand for Maria so sadly couldn’t. Lucie Cave (the E.I.C -thats editor in chief for you numptys) is really lovely too and I’m not just saying that, i felt so stupid asking her who I give papers too this morning but it wasn’t a problem. I think what I’m getting round to is, what is making my experience, also made my style work experience, is how helpful and welcoming the team are at Heat. Everyone I’ve spoken to has said that if I need or aren’t sure of anything then feel free to go to them and I do feel that I could easily ask for any help (case and point with Lucie).
I then wound up my day doing some transcribing for Jen who was extremely happy I’d offered as she had a lot. The journey home was eventful as some guy was doing a ‘magic’ act of making a crystal ball “float” on the tube - bizarre, truly.
A weeks worth is, As Cyrus Rose (gossip girl) said “NOT ENOUGH!” Still excited for the next day, and the next blog.
So I’m back for the second time at heat magazine to clock some work experience under my belt this time under the guidance and friendly eye of Maria Vallahis - Editorial assistant.
Not saying that the Style team weren’t friendly cause they were so lovely!
So today I jumped right in with the work, I got to transcribe two interviews with two very relevant and popular celebs (hush hush don’t want to give anything away now) and sit in on a photoshoot meeting! I also got some revlon chubby stick-like-lip-stains - not bad! This was already a pretty good day, then I got a call regarding a publishing gig back home in South Wales with Vale Life. I am meeting with the top twosome of the mag - Jennifer and Mark on Monday and I am tres excited! Hopefully this is the start of something brilliant, something that will give me experience and a stepping stone in my career path.
- Phoebe is singularly the most unattractive person ever. And that’s saying something considering Spencer is in this show. Just everything about her is so gross.
- Stephanie is a bit of a Pratt if she thought Spencer could go two episodes without staying out and obviously boning or touching up somebody else.
- Spencer is an utter moron with his double standards with his behavior in regards to Jamie and his friendship. I mean does he not remember how rude he was to Jamie when he was dating Louise?
- Lucy Watson is an alright girl, I mean she isn’t a slut (Phoebe’s favourite word atm) she slept with a friend - who HASN’T DONE THAT?
- Phoebe is off her rocker. Like one second crazy bunny boiler over Alex then the next second crazy bunny boiler over Jamie. Wow she is a complex character. I am genuinely concerned that she is dangerous to others. The rolling-of-the-eyes is tad too Exorcist for me, I am putting us all on (a very red) amber alert.
- Lucy cries when surprise surprise Jamie is led astray by his wandering penis, even though there are no redeeming qualities about Phoebe…
- I think Lucy liked Jamie first (before Spencer) and kissed him (before Spencer) so Spencer can SHUUURTT URRRP.
- Alex is a mug for taking Jamie’s advice on women. Honest Alex *shakes head*
- I feel sorry for Fran, not only does she seemingly only have Cheska to lean on, but Alex completely led her on and she had Phoebe be an utter cow to her.
- There is a HUGE lack of Boulley in these episodes, “:you slept with Lucy Watson. *sigh* Typical” a nugget of golden Boulley-ness give me more please!!
- It looks as if next episode they’re a) trying to make is scary for Halloween and b) trying to recreate The Hills episode where the girls surprised the guys in Hawaii and thus Audrina “slept in Brody’s room”. Except here I think the boys are camping in somone’s grounds and the girls rock up in Karate Kid style get up and inexplicably Jamie probably ends up “sharing a tent” with Phoebe. Probably his pants tent.
Looking forward to next weeks ep kids!!
I mean, God bless ‘The Notebook,’ it introduced me to one of the great loves of my life. But, people do Rachel and me a disservice by assuming we were anything like the people in that movie. Rachel and my love story is a hell of a lot more romantic than that.
—Ryan Gosling (via hongisagirl)
I have one tattoo. This tattoo represents a friendship between me and two of my best friends. I designed it so all three of us would like it and the plan was that we would all have it done. What a stupid immature thought. Now one of those friends isn’t around any more. Mistake?
We have these stupid childish ideals of what friends - best friends means, and we are naive enough to think that certain friends are family and that those friendships will last forever. That we’ll be sat around having a drink in our eighties, that we’ll be at each others weddings, our kids will grow up together. That’s crap.
I have to stress, this is not true about the two people who’ve I’ve discovered are true solid friends. The two closest people to me are not irrelevant, situations we’ve faced have made me realise how real they are; Rachel and Beth I do love you dearly make no mistake of that.
When I rant about it being all crap and childish I refer to that fourth friend, the friend who went through hell and back where we stood by her through thick and thin. Never judging, never critiquing always supportive and loving. That very person has seemingly forgotten all that, preferring instead to make effort to see and keep a consistent friendship with all those people who either judged her, bitched about her and looked down their noses at her at one point or another. Do you have any idea how insulting that is? How much of a goddamn slap in the face that is?
I hate being regretful about things as it makes you dwell on the past which is something you can have no influence over and cannot change. She has made the choices that have lead to this situation, we thought we had cleared the air when its clear that she just wanted to get clear of us. If this sounds harsh, I am sorry and my door is always open to her but its hard not to feel bitter and hurt by the way things have played out. Seeing as I am the type of person who gives everything to a friend, I don’t understand why this has played out this way. You were like a sister to me and we often joked that we were the other halves of each others brains, where has that gone? What happened that made you feel that you didn’t want this friendship any more? Ironic that when we cleared the air you tearfully said you didn’t want to meet up with us and have this sort of tension and conversation every time. Cause your behaviour has meant that that’s exactly how it would still be.
Honestly I think, that if you missed the friendship we had or had any desire to see me then you would. Simple as that so clearly you couldn’t care less. I have had enough of crying and being down about it, its time to forgive and forget.
So, what do I do - have laser removal or cover it up with a new design? I did believe that tattoos tell stories and have reason and meaning behind them. I don’t know if I can stand to look at something that has a rather sad and broken meaning.